Storage Field Support Engineer
掲載時の募集要項（掲載期間：2013/05/13 ～ 2013/06/09）
Storage Field Support Engineer
- Serve as the company's liaison with customers and the Technical Support Center on support cases.
- Interpret customer needs and clarify roles and responsibilities.
- Perform any necessary diagnoses, technical troubleshooting, service, and repair of systems and equipment at customer site.
- Provide all aspects post-sales field support such as system hardware, software, desktop support, networks, etc.
- Create documentation and post-mortem analyses of escalations.
- Ability to travel to customer site with minimal notice provided.
- Work collaboratively with customers in potentially stressful situations, while providing professional and courteous technical expertise.
- Ability to actively participate in, or lead technical team meetings to meet goals and aggressive timeframes.
- Client clustering.
- UNIX configuration, administration and technical support.
- Windows NT/2000/2003 configuration, system administration and technical support.
- Fibre Channel HBA configuration and installation.
- NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure.
- Network Attached Storage protocols experience (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI) and related required protocols (DNS, NIS, and Active Directory)
- Network architectures including the roles of routers, and switches
- Microsoft Exchange
- Solid understanding of:
- RAID and storage systems
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- Familiarity with:
- NIS, DNS, Routing
- SAN switches and directors
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a -customer facing environment.
- At least two years of experience with Client systems.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to travel more than 70% of the time, with minimal lead time provided.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects.
There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service experience working with customers in high stress situations.
- Experience providing trace analysis of packets and protocols.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required. 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent related experience is required. This individual will participate in continuing technical training and available through Client.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Knowledge of commercial databases such as Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft SQL Server, is desired.
- Familiarity with multipathing software, volume managers, file systems (such as VERITAS File System), and backup software is desired.
- Backup and database applications and/or Client software (SnapDrive, SnapMirror, SnapManager) is desired.
up to 10,000,000JPY
Global client with West Coast culture