For sustainable business growth of Pharma business in Japan, the Head shall be the engine for success in expansion of sales with both strategic decision-making brought by advanced technical expertise.This position is responsible for leading new business development by creating/commercializing new projects meeting expectation from both suppliers and customers. This position is also responsible for people management in the team and tech-teacher for sales team.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
• Develop & implement mid and long-term Pharma Business Development plan in Japan for achieving a sustainable profitable business growth in safe and ethical manner.
• Drive, lead and manage the creation of projects pipelines based on “Pull” (providing solution to customer needs) & “Push” (based on market & product/application knowledge/trend) Approaches in alignment.
• Work closely with the team to implement and monitor projects for the realization/commercialization.
• Deeply understand and digest market intelligence for specific industry segment, in terms of prospecting and identifying market needs near, potential size, value proposition, competition, major products, key suppliers, technical trend, new markets or new business opportunities in near future,
• Manage key Suppliers and key Customers.
• Lead and develop a sustainable and professional team in APAC through coaching & developing people and build up strong mind-set and skill set within the organization.
Key Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor/Master/Doctor of Pharmaceutical, or related major
• Have advanced knowledge and skill for suggesting new materials to improve/refine formulations which are operated in our customers (assumed to have more than 10 years experiences in industry)
• Strong numeric sense for analyzing sales figures and advanced Excel skills for data management.
• Comprehensive sense for uniting technical and commercial approaches to manage projects
• Experienced communicator and able to convey detailed and complex concepts in a clear and concise matters to internal/external stakeholders.
• Strong oral and written (English and Japanese) communications and presentation skills including PPT skill.
• Ability to develop, coach and guide the team to create a motivated and assertive organization.
Accountability & Key Dimensions
• The Head must have a clear understanding of the business objectives and ability to manage suppliers and customers to generate new projects. Subject to the growth of business, this position may be assigned to lead the team. This position is expected to be responsible for more than 8mio USD in sales volume with new projects pipeline creation.
Key Personal Attributes
• High integrity and ethical standards
• High levels of energy with resilient, resourceful and optimistic mentality
• Accurate and detail-oriented operational skills
• Sensitive to cost management
• Strong business acumen and responsive to opportunities
• Result oriented and customer focused
• Excellent people and management skills
• Willing to seek input/feedbacks
• Ability to prioritize and make decision
• Willing to engage and accept responsibility
• Adaptable and flexible
• Cultural appreciation, understanding and respectful of diversity
• Positive and can-do attitude
- Full time
- 15 million yen ～ 20 million yen
- Social insurance
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year’s holiday