- The Supercharger Installation Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger projects, including construction feasibility diligence, layout and design, utility design and easements, permitting, construction, site commissioning, and closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant hands-on experience managing multiple infrastructure projects and demonstrates a bias to action, logical problem solving, and mastery of a project’s tactical details.
• Manage all phases of design, entitlement, and construction of Supercharger sites within the territory. a KPI is the number of sites successfully opened for public use.
• Facilitate field site visits for due diligence on construction, engineering, utility, and cost. Provide site reports and sketches as needed.
• Review title reports for ownership, encumbrances, and easements; assess construction viability.
• Plan, coordinate, approve, and review legal documents and plans for right-of-way/easement/property acquisitions.
• Be the liaison with utility company personnel to determine the best routing of primary electrical service.
• Meet with zoning/permitting personnel to understand jurisdictional approval requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction. Represent Tesla and the Supercharger program at public meetings. Track/manage status of all needed approvals.
• Review/approve construction bids and change orders. Support the general contractor during all phases of construction.
• Minimum 3 years project management, site acquisition, and/or site development experience. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development as a project manager or site acquisition manager is valuable.
• Fluent Japanese in necessary, business English is preferred.
• Ability to travel (30%) required.
• Established record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects on-time with impeccable quality standards.
• Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
• Working knowledge of power integration and utility design processes.
• Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining zoning and construction drawings. Ability to communicate and build relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies, etc.
年俸制650万円～ ※1/12 を月々支給