• Integrated Supply Chain Operations lead for Japan Distribution with responsibility for a team of distribution and logistics professionals
• Fostering a culture of Quality & EHS compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures, leading by example, and focusing on risk assessment & elimination.
• Drives a continuous improvement philosophy within the team
• Directs and manages the operation through continuous communication both within the team and with external stakeholders.
• Take overall responsibility and accountability for the KPI’s of the distribution and logistics activities in Japan and uses them as the key measure of improving the performance of the team
• Ensures competitiveness in costs is achieved by regularly comparing costs across a range of service and material providers
• Ensures the operation of the 3PL providers are optimized to the best benefit. Upgrade the 3PL and sets up metrics to verify that the business needs are being met.
• Manages the Performance Management of members the team through continuous review and appropriate training.
• Tracks spend in expense and capital budgets efficiently with a constant focus on cost reduction.
• Communicates effectively across all functions and with all levels of organization to promote best practice in Logistics management
• Regularly benchmarks against other organizations to ensure we are abreast of current market trends.
• Communicates regularly with peers in other sites to ensure corporate standards are met.
• Develops the strategy for Japan and delivers successful execution.
• Translate business strategies into tangible, execution-ready strategic initiatives and drive implementation. Assures aggressive timelines, budgets and results are achieved. Provide input to PMO
Scope of People Responsibility
• Team of 3 direct reports including two Distribution leads and Import/Export Lead
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
• Strong communication skills in English & Japanese (Written & Verbal)
• Minimum 7+ years leadership experience in Distribution and/or Supply Chain within a fast paced, multinational, system focused environment.
• Strong in relationship building and negotiation strategies, ability to influence, network, drive and manage change.
• Demonstrated leadership effectiveness that align with company’s values and leadership competencies
• Demonstrated proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills, and leading in matrix environments
• Ability to develop a team pipeline
• A proven track record of ensuring the delivery of continuous improvement.
• Experience of working on Process Improvement projects through a Lean or Six Sigma approach would be an advantage
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral
• Strong understanding and experience with an ERP system
＜Job specific Competencies & Skills＞
Required specific and cross-divisional/functional knowledge:
• Have a strong understanding of Supply Chain and Distribution principles and processes
• Understands customer needs and requirements
• Is informed about changing customer needs
• Facilitate and drive decision making processes collaborating with all geographic, divisional and functional stakeholders globally involved
Complexity of tasks and problems/project management:
• Have knowledge of a complex set of supply chain and distribution processes including the necessary regulatory environment and be able to weigh the benefit of each for developing the companies´ future setup
• Have knowledge of a complex set of distribution approaches and corresponding supply chain processes
• Needs to understand key challenges due to own specific technology and to global competition and market development; chemical and pharmaceutical requirements
- Full time
12 million yen ～ 15 million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)